Auxiliary Naval Vessels
Sauer Compressors offers a variety of medium and low-pressure compressors as well as air accessories for AORs (replenishment oiler vessels) such as the Royal Navy’s RFA Wave Knight, AKEs (underway replenishment vessels) such as the US Navy’s Lewis class or AS (submarine tenders) such as the versatile German Elbe 404 class.
Sauer provides complete compressed-air solutions for any field of application. We also offer an extensive range of auxiliary equipment and accessories. This makes us the ideal partner when it comes to setting up state-of-the-art air systems on these types of vessels.
Our wealth of experience, ongoing development work and renowned international customers whose fleets use our systems have made Sauer Compressors the world leader when it comes to compressors for all types of auxiliary vessels.
Sauer compressors for auxiliary naval vessels:
- 2-stage, air-cooled starting-air compressors (e.g. the WP65L) with up to 40 bar and 80 m³/h
- 3-stage, air-cooled starting-air compressors (e.g. the WP311L) with up to 360 m³/h
- 2-stage, water-cooled starting-air compressors (e.g. the WP400) with up to 30 bar and 400 m³/h
- Breathing-air compressors (WP4325 - WP4341) with up to 350 bar and 60 m³/h
- Low-pressure compressors such as the WP226L (piston design) or the SC52 (screw design) with up to 12 bar and 600 m³/h
- High-pressure compressors (types WP4341 and WP5000) for RAS (replenishment at sea) systems with up to 210 bar and 200 m³/h
Advantages of Sauer compressors:
All units can be delivered as complete, ready-to-use systems with the dryer, control boxes and other accessories mounted on a common frame. All equipment is fully tested and easy to install.
A choice of full military, shockproof, standard naval or commercial versions in accordance with class standards such as LRoS or GL allows you to select the most economical solution for your basic vessel design.
All compressors are based on proven technology and benefit from our wealth of experience. Indeed, we deliver thousands of commercial units each year and receive positive feedback even from highly demanding customers such as submarine operators.
Complete NATO codification and full logistical back-up ensure the high level of support required by naval fleets.